At Great Northern University, we have found that belief is one of the quintessential elements of human experience. Everyone believes something, so a major component of our mission is to create a collaborative approach to understanding our own beliefs, and the beliefs of others. This is because we know that understanding others is critically important to engaging well with them in life-giving ways.
So What Do We Believe?
Out of all the things we believe, our Christian faith is the most important to us. To that end, Great Northern University is an organization deeply committed to an historic and orthodox, Christian expression of faith. We have adopted the statement by the National Association of Evangelicals, as follows:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.