Professor of Intercultural Studies and Bible
Dr. Schneider lives at the intersection of theology and missions, both being based on the Bible. He believes that theology without missions is dead orthodoxy, and missions without theology is dangerously ignorant. These two aberrations drive him into being a perpetual student.
He and his wife, Christine, spent 15 years planting three churches in Austria (by teaching the Bible), and then moved to Russia. After 20 years overseas, Floyd has taught for 15 years in higher education teaching Bible, Theology and Missions courses.
He is proud of the fact that he received his Ph.D six weeks before turning 70. He loves asking questions that have no clear answer and finds it enjoyable watching the reactions. One of his biggest fears is taking himself too seriously.
You can read Dr. Schneider's papers and essay at academia.com
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Systematic Theology and Apologetics from Liberty University, 2017
- B.S. in German Literature from Excelsior College, 1984
- Th.M. in Hebrew from Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, 1978
- M.Div. from Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, 1977
- B.A. in Bible Education from Western Bible Institute, 1973