The Youth and Family Ministry Certificate at Great Northern University adds distinctiveness and breadth to any B.A. in Biblical Studies, Leadership, or Interdisciplinary degrees and is applicable to any related career path, including ministry training, biblical education, pastoral ministry, counseling, marriage and family therapy, or graduate studies in any related field.
The certificate provides students with essential understanding and development of a philosophy of ministry that encompasses biblical commands, adolescent development, and ministry to the whole family. Additionally, the certificate develops skills of effective programming, teaching, and leadership development.
Suggested Program Plan
What Can I Do with a Youth and Family Ministry Certificate?
- Youth and family ministry in the local church
- Work for non-profit organizations (e.g., Youth for Christ, YoungLife, Help for Families)
- Sports Ministry
- Camping ministry
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Youth and Family Ministries Certificate, students will be able to:
- Articulate a practical, Biblical philosophy of holistic youth ministry
- Assist youth and their families in times of crisis and adolescent struggles
- Demonstrate skills in teaching, team development, and strategic ministry planning
- Devise an intentional plan for resourcing and encouraging parents toward the spiritual formation of their teenagers