A Campaign to Launch Great Northern University
Now more than ever, there is a need for individuals to transform and engage the world by integrating Christian faith into every aspect of their lives. Raising up new leaders and educating them for this calling will not be easy, but it is essential. The lifetime of service and influence of our graduates, both here and around the world, will honor the Lord Jesus Christ and begin to transform our community.
With your help, Great Northern University, an innovative, exceptional, and affordable Christian university, exists for this purpose.
Great Northern University is built on the foundations of Moody Bible Institute-Spokane (1993-2018), Spokane Bible College (1989-1993), and Inland Empire School of the Bible (1972-1988). The University offers degree programs that prepare graduates for meaningful and purposeful employment as they transformatively engage their communities.
Why Launch a New, Christian University in Spokane?
Great Northern University offers a distinctive education, filling a unique role in the landscape of higher education in the State of Washington:
- GNU has the mission of a Bible college, the relevance of Christian liberal arts, and a vision for whole-person transformation—the combination of which uniquely prepares students to engage and transform the world.
- GNU is built around community: as a small institution, it functions like a family. GNU students have well-established relationships with faculty, Spokane-area churches and businesses, neighbors, and each other—we aim to keep these relationships intact while also developing new partnerships.
- GNU is affordable: GNU offers a private education at less than half the average cost of almost every other private university in the multi-state region—with no compromises on quality.
What’s Needed to Launch GNU?
As of the beginning of April 2019, the Embark campaign is funded at 43% of our $1,000,000 goal. GNU sincerely desires to see our campgain goal fulfilled. Fulfilling this goal of $1,000,000 will:
- Provide fair-market salaries for a core group of faculty members who taught classes in 2018-19 and who are committed to teach for the 2019-20 school year.
- Assure students that faculty are in place for all degree programs
- Pay for accreditation and licensing application fees
Will You Embark on the Campaign to Launch GNU?
It takes an expansive vision, leaders with a passion for Christian higher education, and generous, kingdom-minded financial partners in order to launch a new Christian University. Vision and leadership are in place—but we need your financial partnership.
Our tuition provides a portion of our revenue stream, but tuition alone does not provide all of the revenue that is needed. This is true of all institutes of higher education! We must turn to God’s people, who value the lifetime return a biblically focused, professionally oriented, and gospel-driven education at GNU provides, to launch God's work at GNU.
Careful financial projections indicate that we need $1 million to successfully launch GNU in its first year. By the 2019-2020 academic year, tuition income will begin to offset operating expenses.
Experience and careful research tells us that in order to reach our goals we will need God’s people to provide gifts that look like this:
Will you join us as we embark upon this grand, God-inspired journey to launch Great Northern University?
To make a gift in support of the GNU Embark Campaign, please visit our "Give" page, or if you want to you can contact Dr. Liddell directly to discuss your gift. Gifts of appreciated securities are also welcome; contact us for details.